W14 Ground Water Level Loggers
The W14 Groundwater level loggers are durable, versatile, and cost-effective tools that deliver accurate water level and temperature readings for many years.
Groundwater level loggers are durable, versatile, and cost-effective tools that deliver accurate water level and temperature readings for many years. Groundwater professionals have been successfully employing this range of loggers to monitor both open waters and wells, to perform pump and slug tests, to complete wetland and tidal studies with excellent results for over 20 years.
With the dedicated, intuitive software, the water level loggers are quick and easy to program, launch and allow for simple data recovery. The data is easily saved in a tabular display and graph and both parameters can be viewed side by side in a split screen
- Accurate with excellent long-term stability
- Fitted with thermistor for temperature monitoring
- Fast response to pressure changes
- Advanced design prevents case stresses from affecting readings
- Capable of measuring negative pore pressures to -50 kPa (absolute non-vented unit)
- Small diameter device
- Manufactured from high grade 316 Stainless Steel for extended operation
- Hermetically sealed, ensures long working life of the instrument
- Connecting cable is strong, screened and flexible
The 4-20mA Piezometer is designed for the accurate measurement of pore water pressures in fully or partially saturated soil and rock. The Piezometer is buried in fill, suspended in a borehole, or pushed into the soil. The Piezometer tip comprises a porous filter element integral with a diaphragm-type pressure transducer. A cable connects the transducer to a readout, terminal unit or datalogger.
Piezometers are used in geotechnical, environmental, and hydrological applications. They can be installed in boreholes and placed in fill materials or open wells to measure water levels or pore water pressures to enable engineers to verify design assumptions and control placement of fill. Typical applications include:
- For environmental management including landfill sites
- Monitoring of aquifers
- Monitor tidal effects on coastal soils
- Potential landslide sites
- Dewatering excavations
- Tailings lagoons
- Pumping tests
- Monitor seepage
- Control placement of fill