E8 Vibrating Wire Deformometer
The Vibrating Wire Deformometer allows for monitoring the changes in the distance between the Deformometer and an anchor point.
Typical applications include the measurement of cracks, joints, structural deformations and convergence in tunnels.
The design allows for the anchor to be mounted on different planes to the Deformometer, or even perpendicular.
The Deformometer can even be submerged underwater.
- Uses proven Vibrating Wire technology
- Suitable for long-term monitoring
- Suitable for manual or remote monitoring
- Fully waterproof
- Fitted with thermistor for temperature monitoring
- Accurate, repeatable readings over long cable lengths
- Long working life, long-term stability and reliability
- Connecting cable is strong, screened and flexible
The Deformometer consists of a telescoping sensor body incorporating a sprung tensioned vibrating wire element.
A change in distance between the Deformometer and the anchor will cause the connecting rod to move within the transducer body, changing the tension on the spring and thus the resonant frequency of the wire.
By setting the wire to mid-range the sensor can monitor both extension or convergence of the anchor position.
VW Deformometers measure displacements between two positions in structures.
Typical applications include:
- Tunnel convergence
- Construction joints
- Structural deformations
- Crack monitoring